Oxford and Oxfordshire has so many famous attractions it's hard to know where to start.
Most are open to the public, many are free, and some demand several visits (you'll have to come back!). Others live forever in the mind as an experience you'll never recapture.
- Take an Oxford Official Walking Tour to discover places you never dreamed existed
- Visit the Bodleian Library - with 'Europe's most beautiful room', the Divinity School and 'Hogwarts library'
- Visit some of Oxford's 38 colleges (plus gardens, halls and chapels) and museums
- Take a punt along the River Cherwell, brushing the Botanic Garden, or take a boat trip downstream on the River Isis (Thames)
- Indulge in spa treatments at the Macdonald Randolph or Spires Four Pillars Hotels
- Check out Oxford Castle Unlocked and its surrounding bars and eateries.
- Choose family-centred activities to enjoy with the kids
- Or just sit down with a cream tea or cup of coffee and enjoy the atmosphere
- Relax amid the flowers and greenery at Waterperry Garden, Westonbirt Arboretum, Batsford Arboretum or Harcourt Arboretum
- Experience Britain's Greatest Palace - Blenheim Palace
- Ride proper steam trains at one of Didcot Railway Centre's steam days
- Admire the Madagascan lemurs and magnificent leopards at Cotswold Wildlife Park
- Visit Oxfordshire's market towns whose museums record times gone by
- See how many film locations you can visit
- Go walking, cycling, or take a minibus tour around the beautiful villages - each with its own distinctive 'feel', many with a welcoming traditional pub
- Check out our online events diary or the local Visitor Information Centres for events, theatre, music and festivals