Top 20 Things to Do in Oxford & Oxfordshire
- Take an Official Guided Walking Tour of the University and city - the best way to discover Oxford is on foot.
- Seek out your favourite TV and film locations - and Harry Potter connections at Christ Church.
- Climb a tower to view the 'dreaming spires'. There are 4 to choose from.
- Visit the remains of the dodo at the University Museum of Natural History (free) and the witch in a bottle at the Pitt Rivers museum (free).
- Take a (free) tour of the Ashmolean Museum. Or just pop in and view some of the 67 galleries.
- Stock up on goodies at the Covered Market and take a romantic punt trip.
- Take an elegant cruise along the River Isis where the real 'Alice in Wonderland' first heard the famous story.
- Have a pub lunch in an ancient hostelry - or dinner in an elegant restaurant or hotel.
- Take the kids ice skating or for a ride on the 'topless bus'.
- Relax in a pavement café and watch the world go by!
Stay in a charming olde worlde B & B or pub.
Spend the day at Woodstock with a visit to Blenheim Palace
Step back in time and discover all the National Trust houses dotted around Oxfordshire.
Kit yourself out with maps for walking and cycling at a Tourist Information Centre or via our online shop. The Oxfordshire Way, d' Arcy Dalton Way, the Thames Path and the Ridgeway are just a few of the footpath networks to explore.
Go bargain hunting for upmarket brands at Bicester Village.
Visit a few of the charming country churches, steeped in history.
Look out for unexpected local museums - some have tea shops attached!